Thursday 4 November 2021

writing

 

here is a peace of writing I've done this week.


I can still feel the warmth of the sun on the trunk of the pine tree, even though it's dark.

When I told Dad I was going for a walk, He was struggling with the farm accounts.

He won't stay up waiting for me.

He thinks mum is overly protective, that she shouldn't worry so much, that i'm tougher than she thinks.

And he needs his sleep.


The night-vision goggles are slipping on my head so I have to stop and adjust the straps.

There had been a lot in the newspaper article yesterday about them as well - how I go out at night into the forestry, about how the goggles work, about how they give me some freedom to be a kid, about what I get to see in the dark like the morepork I think of as my own, and the possums.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments. 
Positive - something I have done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence or more that  lets me know you that you read/watched or listened to what I had to say.